Posted on February 22, 2020 by Fusebox Marketing
Kitchen & Bath Trends 2020
It’s a new year and we are excited about this year’s design and remodeling trends. Here are 7 of our favorite kitchen and bath trends you are about to see more of this year.
- Two-Tone and Three-Tone Kitchens. An alternative to the ever-popular all-white kitchen is using one color for the upper cabinets and a second color for the base cabinets or an accent color for the island. A built-in pantry is another common place to use an accent color.
- Colored Appliances. We are starting to move beyond stainless steel and are seeing a wider range of color options for appliances, including using an accent color for the range.
- Wood Accents. Open wood shelves, butcher block countertops, and wood detailing on range hoods are all great ways to add warmth and character to kitchens.
- Wood Cabinets. Keeping with the wood theme, the use of walnut and white oak has regained popularity as they pair well with today’s popular colors of white, gray, navy and metal finishes of brass and matte black.
- Statement Tile. While subway tile remains a popular choice, many are looking for ways to create more interest. Patterned tiles, mixing matte and glossy tiles (2/3, 1/3 ration) to create a subtle contrast, and using slabs on the backsplashes and shower walls for a grout-free look are gaining popularity. Running tile along the apron of bathtubs also brings additional style for minimal added cost.
- Wet Rooms. Creating spa-like bathrooms started with larger walk-in showers with frameless doors, and now the latest trend is to place a stand-alone tub in an enclosed shower area. Not only practical, but a real ‘wow’ statement as well.
- Statement Powder Bathrooms. Small spaces with big style through the use of wallpaper, shiplap, and unique mirrors and lights. These small spaces are the perfect place to go bold with your finishes.
Ready to introduce one of these trends to your home? Contact us today!